R-7 school board candidates participate in public forum prior to general election | Election | Lee's Summit Journal

R-7 school board candidates participate in public forum prior to general election | Election | Lee's Summit Journal



This is what Dr. McGehee was tweeting about yesterday. I find it very unprofessional.  He called one of the candidates a liar, called the election season a silly season, and made reference to the C-.  All of this was done on company and tax payers time.



The role of the district’s superintendent, David McGehee, who was not in the audience, was also mentioned during the forum with one of the questions being what grade would you give the district’s leader?
Harmon, Storms and Baird all gave the reigning Missouri Superintendent of the Year an “A” grade, but Ousnamer, who didn’t immediately answer the question until pressed by Storms, broke ranks with a grade of C-minus for McGehee, chiding the superintendent’s mantra of “tough on issues, soft on people.”
“It’s one of those things where I could go ahead and sing Dr. McGehee’s praises, but I’m not going to,” Ousnamer said. “I’m going to be honest. You can’t pay me enough to take on his job. He’s juggling politics, he’s juggling parents, he’s juggling teachers, he’s juggling staff. It’s an incredibly difficult job.
“In a moment of candor, in a conversation I had with Dr. McGehee, he stated: ‘The district promotes leadership. My administrative staff are not trained supervisors, nor are they trained managers, but they’re really nice people doing the best they can.’ As a businessman, that freaked me out. That is not a good thing for the leader of our district to state. He should be saying: ‘I want them to get different kinds of training, I want more focus on this, and I want more focus on that so that we can provide a better support for our teachers consistently as trained supervisors and administrators.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Schools - The Washington Post

My Letter Requesting To Become A Board Member

School Board Candidates