What Is He Going To Do For Those That Are Being Left Behind?

I didn't read anything about making changes to benefit the students that are being underserved or not served at all.  Technology and extra curricular activities are not the most important issues in education.


ELECT BILL BAIRD

BillPortraitI am a candidate for the Lee’s Summit R-7 School Board. I have been striving to make a difference in educationfor the the Lee’s Summit School District in the following ways:
LEE’S SUMMIT EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
The Lee’s Summit Educational Foundation raises hundreds of thousands of dollars for our schools. Technology, such as Chrome Books and audio enhancements, scholarships for students, and PEAK grants for the teachers in the classroom are all the result of the gracious financial support of our community.
I have served the following roles within the organization.
  • Board of Director – 8 years
  • Development Chair – 6 years
  • Executive Committee – 6 years
  • Taste of Lee’s Summit Chair – 3 years
LEE’S SUMMIT SCHOOLS VOLUNTEER WORK
I volunteer hundreds of hours each year in the schools for student activities such as:

  • Athletics and volunteer coaching
  • Booster Club Board Member (2012-13) and Volunteer
  • Partners in Education participation with myself and my employees
LEE’S SUMMIT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Lee’s Summit Chamber is a strong advocate for education and the Lee’s Summit School District.  The Dancing with the Chamber Stars event has raised tens of thousands of dollars for scholarships for students the last few years. My wife and I participated in this event as dancers in 2012 and helped raise nearly $30,000.
  • Served as a Lee’s Summit Chamber Board of Director for the last 3 years
  • Awarded the Board Member of the Year for 2013
MY COMMITMENT
As a board member, I would collaborate and give objective feedback while staying focused on the district’s mission, vision and commitment statements. I would like to come together as a team of representatives for all community members as we carry out our fiduciary duties for one of the finest school districts in Missouri.
We have the finest teachers and administration in Missouri and I want to ensure that they are given the tools, training, and support they need to provide the best education in the state.
I would be an advocate for technology in the classroom to help enhance the learning process. The district made monumental steps last year toward putting technology in the hands of every student. I would like to see the path towards one to one technology in the classroom continue.
I would support extracurricular opportunities for our students to help them develop and grow as individuals because strong activities and programs are a way to generate school pride and a sense of community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Schools - The Washington Post

My Letter Requesting To Become A Board Member

School Board Candidates