My Letter Requesting To Become A Board Member

Sherri R. Tucker
1200 SE London Way
Lee’s Summit, MO  64081
816-554-3017

Lee’s Summit R-7 School District
C/o Linda Ismert, Board Secretary
Stansberry Leadership Center
301 NE Tudor Road
Lee’s Summit, MO  64086

Ms Ismert

I would like to submit my name for the position on the Lee’s Summit R-7 School Board.  As you know, I have expressed an interest in being on the school board in the past.  On my first attempt I only lost by 2% which would indicate that the voters have an interest in me being on the board as well.  I would think that the voters’ wishes would be taken into consideration.

I have a strong relationship with many of the districts’ families and I can help to bridge the gap between them and the district.  I understand the commitment to the time and energy required each week for meetings, phone calls, conversations, visits to schools, and professional development seminars and workshops.  I already do that with the families that I work with and can continue to do that for the board.   I have knowledge about district policies, guidelines, needs, challenges and strengths.  I believe that I can be a great asset when it comes to addressing those needs, challenges, and policies. 

The openness of a school board meeting, the rapport among school board members and the relationships that members have with teachers, administrators, and the public all add up to the climate of public education in a community.  I believe that I can add to those relationships.  If the public feels that their concerns and needs are being addressed they will have more faith in their school district and board.  The public already knows that I am trustworthy, honest, have integrity, and have their needs and issues in mind. 

I have no family members attending the district.  I have no family members receiving a salary or retirement from the district.  I believe that leaves me open to making decisions in an objective way.  No one in my family will benefit from my decisions. 

If I should be chosen I would be honored to work on the board with the present members and be a team player.  I believe that my expertise would only add to the board’s expertise and make it a well-rounded board.

If I am not chosen I would like to be notified as to who was chosen and the reasons why they would make a better board member than I would. 

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,


Sherri R. Tucker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Schools - The Washington Post

School Board Candidates