Ousnamer Files For R7 School Board - Lee's Summit Tribune - Lee's Summit News

Ousnamer Files For R7 School Board - Lee's Summit Tribune - Lee's Summit News



We need to follow this guy.  When you vote it will tell you to pick the number of that are needed to fill the spots.  DON'T do that.  Only vote for one.  That will ensure that the candidate that you want will get the position.  There is no need to vote for those that we really don't want repeating past mistakes. I will be voting for Mark Ousnamer.



Surprise indeed.

I find it somewhat amusing that Dr. McGehee was named top
Superintendent for the State of Missouri given my past eight months of
experience with his R7 administrative staff and the staff and teachers at Lee's
Summit North High School. My son was bullied by a "well respected"
teacher at North for about three years until the teacher had a screaming fit
(caught on audiio recording) and my son was removed from his class. Again. The
first time was for grade manipulation by the teacher a year earlier as a
bullying tool. I was not notified of the incident and my subsequent
investigation revealed the inability of the staff to appropriately deal with
the situation. Once the ugliness of the teacher's behavior was uncovered it was
immediately buried under layers of "personnel issues" and as a parent
I was dismissed.
The teacher and the principal still have their jobs and / or
retirement and no one was held accountable other than being told "don't do
this again." As Dr. McGehee so succintly replied to my request for
accountability, "...that's not going to happen, it doesn’t work that way”.

I find Mr. Ron Baker's quote “He has worked with staff
members throughout the district to create and nourish educational environments
where the focus is on learning and success for each child,” and “Dr. McGehee
has a passion for teaching and learning, for what is best for each student and
for encouraging leadership in others.” also particularly ironic given that Dr.
McGehee left me with a quote of his own ” my people are not trained supervisors
or managers. The school district focuses on leadership training and when this
type of situation arises they do not have the skills to address it so they
handle it as best they know how. You need to look past the lying and realize
they are really nice people doing the best they can.”.

I wonder if Dr. McGehee's seventeen year old daughter had
been the victim of teacher bullying if the outcome would have been the same?
Perhaps then he would have focused more on staff training and appropriate
behavior in a learning environment than on fund raising and polishing the school
district's reputation. Oops, I almost forgot. Mr. Ron Baker's last letter of
dismissal to me on behalf of the school board requested that despite inaction
on the part of the board to act in a manner I felt was commensurate for three
years of bullying of my son by one of their teachers and the subsequent cover
up I should conduct myself moving forward in an appropriate manner. Be quiet
and go away. And be positive
.



Congratulations Dr. McGehee on your award. This proves
yet again how wonderful the R7 school district and it's leadership is in
creating a positive learning environment for all of its students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Schools - The Washington Post

My Letter Requesting To Become A Board Member

School Board Candidates