Tax Levy

It is time for my annual tax levy rant.  I am paying my personal property taxes and it always makes me so angry.  I am not angry that I have to pay taxes, although I have lived in two other states that do not require that you pay taxes on your vehicles every year.  I am mad that Lee's Summit R7 gets so much money and does so little with it.

We have the highest paid Superintendent in the State of Missouri.  We have a $12 million aquatic center.  We have an $8.6 million administrative center.  We have AstroTurf on our football fields.  We have $250,000 band uniforms.  We have students that are not receiving the Free and Appropriate Education that they are entitled to.

My tax levy for Lee's Summit is 6.1192.  My tax levy for Stover is 3.4300.  Trust me, my child would have gotten no less services or education in Stover than he got in Lee's Summit.

I'm in the midst of remodeling my home so that we can get out of this hell hole and move to my land in Gravois Mills.  I am so done with Lee's Summit, it's school district, and all of the little Peyton Place politics that go on in this town.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Schools - The Washington Post

My Letter Requesting To Become A Board Member

School Board Candidates