Fox C-6 Watchdogs: How I Concluded Board President Dan Smith DID NOT Read My Email!

Fox C-6 Watchdogs: How I Concluded Board President Dan Smith DID NOT Read My Email!

At the June 2013 Fox C-6 school board meeting, Superintendent Dianne Critchlow responded to my Public Comments. She rudely interrupted me when I tried to respond. She wanted to get the last word in. And, since I was given my 3 minutes to talk, it was now her turn despite the fact that I was addressing our school board and not her. Dianne wasn't going to be voting on the proposed nepotism policy. The school board are the ones that vote. She is ONLY the Superintendent. Our school board is there to oversee that she does her job and follows the law. She is employed by our school board. However, you might think otherwise based on how things have been run for the last several years in our school district.

Superintendent Critchlow was intent on discrediting my information and damaging my reputation. She basically made 3 statements after I spoke and each of them were either False or misleading. Would making those kind of statements in a Public Forum such as a school board meeting be considered slander? The school board did nothing to stop her nor did they apologize as a whole for her actions. I will address that issue with the board in the near future.

The point of the matter is that Superintendent Critchlow believes she is above the law and can do what she wants. She needs to learn how to conduct herself in a professional manner. She was far from professional at the June board meeting.

In this post, I want to address her comments towards me regarding board members deleting my emails. She clearly meant to imply that I was lying. Therefore, I think it's important that I explain to the community how I concluded that my emails were being deleted without being read.

Here is what Superintendent Critchlow so arrogantly said to me about the emails at the June 2013 board meeting:
 "And, to say that the school board doesn't read your email. You don't know that. You can't just throw things out that are untrue."

So, I'm going to run through the emails I received and the blog posts I made in regards to this topic. 

On April 18, 2013 I received the following email from then Board Vice President Dan Smith:

================================================================
From:  Smith, Dan - Board Vice President <SmithD@fox.k12.mo.us>
Subject:  Not read: RE: Fox C-6 Board Meeting Information Packets on District Website
Date:  April 18, 2013 9:08:01 PM CDT
To:  Rich Simpson

Your message was deleted without being read on Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:08:01 PM (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).
================================================================

So, from the email response I received above from Dan Smith, I concluded that Mr. Smith had deleted my email without reading it. That's what the email told me. It clearly states, "Your message was deleted without being read on Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:08:01 PM."

On Wednesday May 22, 2013, the day after the announcement that the school board met and proposed making changes to the school district's nepotism policy, I made the following blog post:

Updated Nepotism Policy Proposed
at May 2013 School Board Meeting


In this post, I made the following statement:
"Perhaps Dan Smith should have told Elliott Davis about the fact that he doesn't read emails from citizens in the community and simply deletes them. That has been what I have found so far since he has gotten an individual email address from the school district. As the school board president, I don't believe that Dan Smith should be simply deleting emails from citizens in the community."

What happened next day was pretty funny!

On Thursday May 23, 2013, the very next day after I wrote on my blog about Fox C-6 Board President Dan Smith deleting and not reading my emails, I received the following email message from Dan Smith:

================================================================
From:  Smith, Dan - Board Vice President <SmithD@fox.k12.mo.us>
Subject:  Read: RE: Fox C-6 Board Meeting Information Packets on District Website
Date:  May 23, 2013 7:10:55 PM CDT
To:  Rich Simpson

Your message was read on Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:10:55 PM (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).
================================================================

You will notice that this is the VERY SAME email that was previously indicated to me via a read receipt that had been deleted and not read. All of a sudden, the day after I posted on my blog, I received an email message from Dan Smith stating "Your message was read on Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:10:55 PM". How funny is that?

So, is it reasonable to assume that someone on the Fox C-6 School Board or Fox C-6 School Administrators are reading my blog?

Or, was it just a coincidence that Dan Smith just happened to open my email that I was previously informed was Deleted but Not Read in a Read Receipt message the day after I had written about it on my blog?  Probably not!

Since I received a new Read Receipt on May 23, 2013 stating that "Your message was read in Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:10:55PM (GMT-06:00) Central Time", I decided to write about that on my blog as well:

Fox C-6 Board President Finally Reads
Email After Two and Half Months!



That's how I concluded that our Board President Dan Smith had DELETED my email but DIDN'T READ IT!!

To Superintendent Critchlow, I didn't just "throw things out that aren't true". I thoroughly document things to back up what I state at board meetings and on my blog. If you send email after email to your school board members and don't receive responses, would you think that your board is representing you as a taxpaying citizen in the community?

I can assure you that I am not the only one that has written our school board and never received a response. That is why I encourage people to write to our school board. See if you get a response. You will probably get a response if you shower our Superintendent and School Board members with praise.

I have received a few responses from former school board member Ruth Ann Newman. However, that was a rare circumstance that I received a response. Most responses came from Superintendent Dianne Critchlow with her usual arrogant and snarky response!

Should the community care if school board members don't read their emails?

Or, is it OK if they just delete them or ignore them?

I know some of our board members read my email messages. I have gotten read receipts from them (namely our new board member Dan Kroupa, Steve Holloway and John Laughlin).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Schools - The Washington Post

My Letter Requesting To Become A Board Member

School Board Candidates