I Have A Dream

I want to take a page from Dr. King and put my spin on it. I hope that it doesn't offend anyone.
I have a dream that one day ALL children will receive the free and appropriate education that they are entitled to.
I have a dream that children of color, living in the inner cities, will be provided the same opportunities and education that white kids in affluent suburbs do.
I have a dream that EVERY child will be afforded the opportunity to attend college and pursue their dreams regardless of their ability to pay for college.
I have a dream that students with disabilities will receive the services and education that they are federally guaranteed so that they can become productive citizens.
I have a dream that school districts will one day do what is right, ethical, moral, and mandated without parent's having to spend their last dime on an attorney and court costs.
I have a dream that one day no parent will have to call me or message me because their child is being emotionally, psychologically, or physically abused in school and they need to know what to do.
I have a dream that one day our children will once again be as well educated as children in other countries are. I have a dream that one day a child in Missouri will receive the same educational opportunities as a child in New Jersey. You shouldn't receive less based on where you live.
I have a dream that one day we will ALL stand together for EVERY child and say that we demand that our children receive the education and services that the Federal government guarantees them and we will not stop until it has been realized.
------Sherri Johnson Tucker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Schools - The Washington Post

My Letter Requesting To Become A Board Member

School Board Candidates