Is The District Worth The Money?

I know for my family that the Lee's Summit School District was not worth the money.  My children received a less than average education and my taxes paid dearly for it.

I have sixteen acres in the Ozarks.  I just received my tax bill for their.  The school district tax levy down there is 2.7500.  In Lee's Summit it is 6.0579.  The difference is cost is not reflected in the level of education.

I think that it is time to sell my house in Lee's Summit and move out of this overrated and overtaxed district.  If only I could sell my house for what I paid for it 12 years ago.  I don't think that I can.

My personal property tax bill was over $1,600 and my real estate tax is over $3,600.  My real estate tax on sixteen acres with utilities is $200 down there.  My $1,600 property tax bill would have been $774.04.  That is a huge difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Schools - The Washington Post

My Letter Requesting To Become A Board Member

School Board Candidates